Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snicker muffins


I have fallen in love with snickers…

Since the age of 15, when ever any relative visits us from the states, the first thing on my wish list would be snickers…

When these started selling in India, my joy new no bounds.

I love baking, I love snickers…

I combined both… and I have the snicker cup cakes…. ( Widely tried and tested on many blogs)

This baking trial was not a 100% success… the cupcakes were not sweet enough…


I modified the recipe a bit, so that they can b a little sweeter…

1 Cup all purpose flour
½ TBSP baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 cup whole milk
¼ cup melted butter
1 medium egg
¼ cup granulated sugar
Vanilla extract
12 mini snicker bars ( frozen all through )

¼ cup jaggery
¼ cup butter


1. Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.

2. Melt the butter in microwave at full power for 1 minute.

3. Beat the egg lightly, add milk, sugar, vanilla and beat lightly.

4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and keep stirring with a whisk to avoid lumps.

5. Don’t over beat the mixture as I will lead to dry muffins.

6. In a muffin tray arrange paper muffin liners and drop in spoon full of the batter in each cup. Leave some space in the cups for the batter to rise while baking.

7. Drop one mini snickers on each muffin

8. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and bake the muffins for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees.

9. Let the muffins cool on a wire rack

10. Melt the butter and jaggery in a pan till soft.

11. Pour the jaggery sauce over each muffin for that extra sweetness…

You can also always, chop the snickers into teeny tiny pieces and put it over the muffins…..






No comments:

Post a Comment