Serves 3 (when eaten with rice)
1 Cup toor dal
1 1/2 cups water (u can vary it according to us measurements) the dal needs to be thick.... it cant be watery as it ruins the taste completely
2-3 cups methi leaves (Preferably Fresh)
1 big Onion (cut into big pieces)
1 big green chilli (Slit length wise)
1 large tomato (Cut into big pieces )
Salt (according to taste)
Tamarind (Small lime size, soaked in water )
2-3 tsps of oil/ghee
2 Dry red chilies
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 pinch hing
Coriander leaves (Garnish)
1. Wash and soak toor dal for 20-30 mins.
2. Wash and pinch the methi leaves (wash thoroughly... or else u will end up having mitti dal :-) )
3. Add water, onions, turmeric, tamarind juice, salt, green chillis and tomato
4. Pressure cook on medium flame till 5-6 whistles
5. Mash the dal.
6. Add 2-3 tsps of oil in a Kadai, add Mustard and jeera seeds, once they start popping, add hing, garlic cloves, dry red chillis and curry leaves.
7. Pour the tadka over the dal.....
Serve hot with Rice/Chapati.....
Sad that I cant upload the pics.... Lost my cam.... have to get a new one.. will do it soon....
Please be patient till then....
I think today I will try Methi Thepla ..... My dear friend Vasudha had given me the recipe....